Minus K vibration isolation systems can be made vacuum compatible so they can be used right inside vacuum chambers. In addition to their superior vibration isolation performance, this offers other advantages of much lower payload weights, more compact systems, and eliminates problems associated with vacuum chamber feed-throughs. See below example with NASA/JPL SIM Interferometer Testbed Spectral Calibration Development Unit (SCDU).
Our vibration isolation systems have also been used to support
entire vacuum chambers. This offers the advantages of more
standard designs and lower costs in some cases.
Vacuum BM-1 Minus K
Three 1350 lb capacity Vacuum Minus K SM-1s for the
SCDU in JPL's testbed configuration.
Modifications for to the isolators based on your
application requirements could include:
• Use of Stainless Hardware
• Removal of Paint and/or Powder Coating
• Removal of Anodizing
• Replacement of Nylon or Plastic Parts
• Electroless Nickel on Steel Parts
• Venting Blind Holes
• Use of Vacuum Grease for Low Outgassing
• Bare Aluminum
• We'll need to provide custom pricing for vacuum applications (the price is typically 3 times the standard units)